Saturday, March 23, 2013

 If you read my blog or my books, you know I am a dog with strong opinions about the superiority of dogs. I think this truth should be self-evident, but since so many humans don’t get it, I keep trying to teach this message. 

So, you can imagine my excitement to find a book called Everything I Needed to Know I Learned from My Dog. It’s apparently by one of the humans who gets it. His name is Richard Smith.

This is a PERFECT choice for my first official book review, because Mr. Smith and I are clearly on the same mission. 

There are many observations in his book that are so obvious and simple that even a human can understand them. Here are three of my favorites.

You can see the book in the little box to the right. Click on it to find out what humans think of it, though I don't know why THAT would be important. 

Here is some of the deep dog wisdom that Mr. Smith somehow has learned.

1. Don’t be afraid to explore.
2. Get a good eighteen hours sleep a day.
3. Your personal (human) assistant is always on duty.

Well! I could expound on the brilliance of these observations, but you should read the book for more. I believe that, combined with my stories and parables, Mr. Smith’s book would be a wonderful course of study in the University of Life.

This book ends with a very nice thought: it’s never too late to have a happy puppyhood!

ALL dogs know this, of course, and humans would be much, much happier if they would simply read this important book, learn the simple maxims, and be more like a dog.

Wag more. Bark less!












No comments:

Post a Comment